Have you ever been in a situation where you had shown your love and concern to your loved ones and yet made things worse? Or you were accused for not showing them love and concern? I believe once in a while one will get into such a situation. That is where communication is very important. A lot of time, things could work out well with a little communication. It is also very important to know what love and concern mean for your loved ones too. They may not necessary see the same perspective as you. I remember reading a story before of a young boy and his father. They were planting some seeds and upon seeing the worried face on his son, the father told his son not to worry as by spring, the seed would grow to knee height. Upon hearing that, the son asked, "Dad, your knee or my knee?" A simple story and yet very enlightening. A lot of time, misunderstandings could be easily prevented if we could see things from the other person's perspective.

In the book Life by Design by Dr. Rick Kirschner and Dr. Rick Brinkman, it asked, “How do you show someone that you care?” Do you show it the way that you want others to show their cares to you? As the saying goes, “Do unto others what you want others to do unto you.” In so to speak, it seems ‘right’ that one should show care to others the way one want others to show care to one. Not exactly ‘right’ literally in this case. Read more at: http://www.symphonyoflove.net/blog/?p=157