Qingming Festival - Clay Sculptures
The Qingming Festival is Pure Brightness Festival or Clear Bright Festival, Ancestors Day or Tomb Sweeping Day is a traditional Chinese festival on the 104th day after the winter solstice, usually occurring around April 5 of the Gregorian calendar.
Astronomically it is also a solar term. The Qingming festival falls on the first day of the fifth solar term, named Qingming.
Its name denotes a time for people to go outside and enjoy the greenery of spring time and tend to the graves of departed ones.
Qingming has been regularly observed as a statutory public holiday in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau.
Its observance was reinstated as a nationwide public holiday in mainland China in 2008.
View more random threads:
- Which Month Baby Are You
- Europeans taught for Centuries that Africa...
- the world's largest solar powered hospital...
- urdu - Pakistan: Dil ki shar'yan main dala...
- first ambulance service
- Love this little transparent fish....
- What's expectations
- Looking for new product ideas
- Lucid Dream
- The small pocket in your jeans