Thread: Best Phones: 15K+

Best Phones: 15K+

Best Phones: 15K+
    Today we come to the last installment of our phone buying guide series for 2008; we'll talk about handsets priced at Rs 15,000 and above. Essentially, the phones we'll list below are worth the money, we think. This segment of the market is a tricky one -- some buyers will be willing to spend on a phone for just one reason or feature which might not seem like a reason at all to someone else!

Nokia E61i: Rs 15,800

he best value-for-money business phone out there. It's sleek, compact compared to the E60, and weighs 150 grams. The compactness doesn't reduce the usability of the handset; in fact, its QWERTY keyboard is more comfortable. A sharp 2.8-inch screen makes for easy reading and more workspace than available on many other business handsets. The E61i has GPRS, EDGE, and HSCSD; it is 3G-ready and Wi-Fi enabled, has Bluetooth v1.2 and infrared, and has USB 2.0 for quick PC sync and data transfer.

The 2MP camera, among other things, has a rather respectable video recording capability. A battery life of 9 hours (talktime) means three days of working without the need to recharge, unless there's a lot of Wi-Fi usage. Office applications, push services, and BlackBerry connectivity help with accessing, opening, and editing documents on the fly.

HTC Touch: Rs 16,500

HTC Touch: Rs 16,500
    ome time ago, we reviewed the new Dual Touch from HTC, but we aren't too much in favor of that one. The earlier HTC Touch still takes the spotlight; to put it in simple words, it's worth the money. Even without sufficient processing power to back up the highly functional Windows Mobile 6 Professional Edition OS, its operation is overall smoother than that of the Dual Touch. This, the original Touch, has a large 2.8-inch screen, a 2MP camera, and weighs 112 grams -- with a build quality that's a notch above others in its class. It can handle office files through Pocket Office. It has Wi-Fi, GPRS, EDGE, and Bluetooth v2.0. The Touch isn't 3G ready, but that doesn't really matter now, with 3G still not available in the country.

Sony Ericsson P1i: Rs 16,700

Sony Ericsson P1i: Rs 16,700
    The Sony Ericsson P1i can't be left out of this list, now that it fits perfectly in the shoes of the M600i, priced at Rs 16,700. It's compact, and the design combines the aesthetics of PDA and touchscreen phones. The unique QWERTY keypad takes a little time to get used to, but is really comfortable once you get the hang of it. With a 2.6-inch screen and Office applications installed, working with office documents is comfortable, too. The P1i has a good 3.15MP auto-focus camera with flash; under business handsets, this is shared only by the Nokia E90. It has business card scanning and secondary video calling capability. There is GPRS and Wi-Fi, it's 3G-ready, and it has Bluetooth v2.0 with wireless stereo audio profile (A2DP). A smooth video player and a Walkman-like Music player are accompanied by an FM radio tuner. A powerful 1120 mAh battery delivers 2 days of life even after some Wi-Fi usage.

Thread Information