Pakistan Day or Pakistan Resolution Day also Republic Day is a national holiday in Pakistan to commemorate the Lahore Resolution of 1940 and the adoption of the first constitution of Pakistan during the transition of the Dominion of Pakistan to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan on 23 March 1956 making Pakistan the world's first Islamic republic. Republic Day parade by the armed forces is a common celebration for the event.
LAHORE: DIG Operations Punjab requested the Punjab government on Friday to shut down the Metro Bus service for the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf’s (PTI) rally on Saturday, Express News reported.
While reviewing the security measures for the PTI’s rally, which will be held at Minar-e-Pakistan on Saturday, police officials argued that the bus service should be closed for the day based on earlier incidents involving crowds damaging the Metro Buses, offices and blocking routes.
They stated that there would be a huge crowd en-route to Minar-e-Pakistan — a stop the Metro bus takes — therefore it would be better to either shut down the service for a day or limit the route from Gajumata to MA College, Lahore.
PTI Chairman Imran Khan had recently stated that the “PTI’s tsunami” would reach Minar-e Pakistan in Lahore by March 23, travelling on the newly operating Metro Buses. According to sources, around 600 policemen will be allotted for securing the PTI rally, and cars will be stopped at Data Darbar.
View more random threads:
- urdu - Noon league ki khaandani sayasat
- Imran Khan Preparing Future Leaders of Naya...
- Must Watch: Most Honest 3 Minutes in...
- urdu - Abid Mahmood Shah Khaga
- urdu - haey Ram kai ho gaya
- Javed Chaudry Selfies funny collection
- Imran Khan secret recording revealed....must...
- urdu - Humyun Chacha; Kohat ka PTI ka sadar
- urdu - yeh hain hamaray wazir-e-sehat
- urdu - Imran Khan ka Pakistan mein drone...