easy to make takes less time to make & not very spicy with the masalas that usually are used in north indian cooking sober dal but very tasty can be given to anybody.
* 1 cup Toor dal
* 1 cup Moong dal
* 1 cup Bengal gram dal
* Salt as per taste
* 5 Onions (chopped)
* 3 Tomatoes (chopped)
* 5 Green chillies (chopped or slit)
* 1 tsp Red chilli powder
* 1 tsp Jeera
* 1 tsp Mustard
* 1 tsp Turmeric
* 2 pinches Hing
* 4 tsp Ghee
* 3 tsp Butter [optional]
* 1 bunch Curry leaves
* 1 small bunch Coriander (chopped)
* 2' pieces Ginger (grated finely)
* 1/4 tsp Sugar
1. In a vessel take all the dals & wash then cook in the pressure cooker with a pinch of turmeric & ghee.
2. Then in another pan add oil mustard, jeera, turmeric, curry leaves, hing, ginger and the chopped green chillies
3. Fry until the aroma comes then add the chopped onion to it add salt and sugar fry until the onions are golden brown in color.
4. Then add the chopped tomatoes fry until the tomatoes become pulpy.
5. In another pan take the cooked dals & beat them lightly until it is completely into a smooth dal paste.
6. Now add the red chilli powder to the onion tomato mixture fry for 2 minutes
7. Add the beaten dal mixture to the onion mixture & mix well and cook for 2 mins more then turn off add the chopped coriander to it.
8. If using butter do add it while serving. Better if served hot