This recipe is a great addition to beef roast or a grilled steak. It is easy, quick, and can be prepared in the time it takes the steak to be grilled, if need be
* 4 portobello mushroom caps
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 1 shallot, thinly sliced
* 1 cup white wine
1. Preheat grill for high heat.
2. Place mushrooms onto the grill, smooth side up. Grill until they start to soften, about 10 minutes. Turn over, and grill on the other side for about 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallot, and fry for a few minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Remove mushrooms to a cutting board, and slice. Place into the skillet, and increase the heat to high. Cook for about a minute, then pour in the wine. Continue to cook and stir until the wine is nearly evaporated. Remove from
View more random threads: