"Tender portobello mushrooms and spinach are simmered with Parmesan cheese, wine and seasoning. Unique, easy, and extremely tasty side dish! Excellent with a steak and baked potato dinner."
PREP TIME 10 Min
COOK TIME 10 Min
READY IN 20 Min
* 3 tablespoons butter
* 2 large portobello mushrooms, sliced
* 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
* 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 1 clove garlic, chopped
* 2 tablespoons dry red wine
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Melt butter in a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Saute mushrooms, spinach, basil, salt, pepper and garlic until mushrooms are tender and spinach is heated through.
2. Pour in wine and reduce heat to low; simmer 1 minute. Stir in Parmesan cheese and serve.