"From Ephrata, Pennsylvania, Leah Zimmerman writes, 'I turn to this recipe when entertaining a small group or looking for a quick Sunday meal.' Swiss cheese and spinach make this quiche tasty, but a store-bought pastry shell and last night's wild rice make it easy to assemble."
PREP TIME 10 Min
COOK TIME 40 Min
READY IN 50 Min
* 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shell
* 3 eggs
* 1 cup half-and-half cream
* 1 cup vegetable wild rice or cooked wild rice
* 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
* 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
* 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450 degrees F for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Remove from the oven; reduce heat to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, beat the eggs and cream. Add rice, cheese, bacon and spinach; mix well. Pour into prepared crust. Cover edges of pastry with foil. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.