"You can add ham cubes, crumbled cooked bacon or cooked medium shrimp to this quiche if you'd like. They're all delicious additions. --Janet Briggs"
PREP TIME 25 Min
COOK TIME 40 Min
READY IN 1 Hr 5 Min
* 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
* 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shell
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
* 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
* 3 eggs
* 1 cup half-and-half cream
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Spread 1 tablespoon butter over bottom of pastry shell; set aside. In a skillet, saute onion in remaining butter until tender. Spread in pastry shell. Toss Swiss cheese with flour; sprinkle over onion. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and salt. Pour evenly over cheese.
2. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
View more random threads: