favorites for buffets or brunches and afternoon lunches. Served with a nice salad, this is a nice light meal
PREP TIME 20 Min
COOK TIME 40 Min
READY IN 1 Hr
SERVINGS & SCALING
Original recipe yield: 8 servings
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1 cup sliced carrots
* 1 cup cashews
* 1/2 cup honey
* 3 eggs
* 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
* 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
* 1 (9 inch) pie crust
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the carrots and cashews, and cook until carrots are tender and cashews are golden brown. Mix in the honey.
3. In a bowl, beat together the eggs, heavy cream, nutmeg, and salt.
4. Evenly spread the cheese in the bottom of the pie crust. Layer the carrot mixture over the cheese, and top with the egg mixture.
5. Bake 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.