Beauty the bald eagle was shot in the face by a poacher in 2005, damaging her beak so badly she was on track to be euthanized. But scientists, engineers, and even a dentist designed a nylon polymer beak using a 3-D modeling program that would perfectly replace her lost upper mandible. After a 3-D printer was used to fabricate the prosthetic (and after an arduous procedure to attach it), Beauty is now able to eat, drink, and preen herself again
View more random threads:
- Rubber Boy: Indian Schoolboy Wants To Become...
- Ellen Saw the Sign
- Michael Jackson's Brother Jermaine"I kissed...
- Bad Accidents
- Awesome In Slow Motion
- Beach Volleyball Dancing girls in Beijing
- We were like brothers
- Blindness in Pakistan - LRBT Documentary
- Walk Through Rain Without Getting Wet | Rain...
- License plate flipper