in September 2012, it had been 11 years that the US and its allies embarked on the so called War on Terror and last week the Guananamo Bay prison celebrated its 11 anniversary. When the first of nearly 800 detainees stepped a foot on the Cuban soil. Even though in 2009 newly elected Presiden Obama had pledged for its imminent closure, Guantanamo is still open to this day and just a year after his pledge, Obama accepted the Nobel Peace Prize, which I am sure detainees in Guantanamo were thrilled about. This was four year ago and since then, President Obama has not only instutionalized Guantanamo and all the horrors it represents, but he has initiated new extrajudicial killin programs, like the drones program always justified by the struggle democracies are delivering against evil to eliminate terrorism
View more random threads:
- Landslide in Pakistan caused by the...
- Rebuilding Pak-Afghan ties: Alone we can...
- CONECTed B-52 Makes First Flight
- Wife Carrying Competition, Finland
- oman presenting its culture in olympics
- illegal occupation
- Free Bush shoe-thrower, Iraqis urge
- The Nevada Partnership for Homeless Youth
- [[M]] Facts under lined