Automobile MuseumCité de l’Automobile, Musée national de l’automobile, Collection Schlumpf is located in Mulhouse, France and houses the Schlumpf Collection of classic automobiles. It contains the largest and most comprehensive collection of Bugatti motor vehicles in the world.
In 1981 the collection, buildings and residual land were sold to the National Automobile Museum Association (NAMAoM), a state sanctioned public/private conglomerate that includes: the City of Mulhouse, the Regional Board of the Alsace Region, the organizers of the Paris Auto Show and the Automobile Club de France.
The NAMAoM placed daily management of the museum in the hands of an operating company, the National Automobile Museum of Mulhouse Management Association, which opened the museum to the public in 1982. However, lacking the enthusiasm of the Schlumpfs or the financial drive of the union, the collection gradually fell into decline.
In 1999 NAMAoM contracted Culturespaces to take over and modernise the museum and its operations. Culturespaces renovated the museum, including creating large scale public spaces for other cultural events, while conserving the well-known main hall with its Pont Alexandre III lamp posts. Widening the relevance of the museum to a younger audience by being given control of the French national automobile collection, the museum reopened in March 2000 as the largest automobile museum in the world.
View more random threads:
- Daniel Craig & land rover
- 2010 Toyota iQ surveillance Car
- TOYOTA ETIOS........COMING SOON......IN TWO...
- Terrain , confidence in the most demanding...
- Mind your Driving Manners
- Mercedes ML 320
- Krabi Tre Milla 2014
- The Driven Challenges: Pike’s Peak
- Bentley Mulsanne (Bentley All New Grand...
- 1200 BHP Twin supercharged 1974 Chevy...