Apple iPhone Earns AT&T $2 Billion
The news does not surprise me in the least - 33% of iPhone users have a second iPhone. Rubicon Consulting also says that 75% of iPhone users said they’ve surfed the Web on-the-go more because of the iPhone. People read more email on the iPhone but despite the virtual QWERTY keyboard, they are not writing as much. Most importantly, in the revenue standpoint, AT&T has earned $2 billion more on the year because of the Apple iPhone. More of the data:
* The most heavily used data function on the iPhone is reading (but not writing) email.
* More than 75 percent of iPhone users say it has led them to do more mobile browsing.
* About 40 percentof iPhone users say the iPhone has trouble displaying some websites they want to visit.
* About 50 percent of iPhones replaced conventional mobile phones, 40 percent replaced smartphones, and 10 percent replaced nothing. Among conventional phones, Motorola Razr was the phone most often replaced. Among smartphones, Windows Mobile and RIM BlackBerry models were most often replaced.
* 28 percent of iPhone users surveyed said strongly that they often carry their iPhone instead of a notebook computer.
* About half of iPhone users are under age 30 and about 15 percent are students
* The iPhone has increased its users’ monthly mobile phone bills by an average of 24% percent, or $228 extra per year.
* Almost half of iPhone users changed carriers when they got the iPhone.
* The iPhone has probably increased AT&T’s gross service revenue by about $2 billion per year.
View more random threads:
- AMD Introduces Phenom X4 9950, 9350e and...
- Visual Voicemail For The T-Mobile G1
- Nokia 7610, 7510 and 7310 Supernova Leaked...
- Ericsson and 3 Test 5.8Mbps 3G Uploads
- Sony Ericsson K800i
- Dell Launches Customizable ‘Studio’...
- Everex Cloudbook gets Bigger
- Motorola MOTOZINE ZN5 Arrives On T-Mobile
- SlingPlayer now works with 3G phones
- Nyko Intercooler TS for Consoles