This is one of the earliest films to be shot in India - it was filmed in 1899.
The film apparently shows the Kolkata (Calcutta) ghats as seen from the perspective of a boat travelling along the Hooghly river, a tributary of the Ganges.
However, although the film's title states that this is Calcutta, the footage was in fact shot in the holy city of Varanasi (also on the Ganges). The filmmaker from the Warwick Trading Company clearly had a short memory or a limited sense of geography. (Robin Baker)
View more random threads:
- New Zealand
- Tutorial: How to Unicycle
- Cristo Redentor (Christ Redeemer) -...
- Insane planche strength!
- Advanced Self Defense Moves for Women...
- Robot vs Real Dog
- Australian Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins
- Sydney Vacation Travel Guide | Expedia
- Michael Jackson and Britney Spears Alive
- Canadian National & Canadian Pacific -...