Old Hot RodsHot rods are typically American cars with large engines modified for linear speed. The origin of the term "hot rod" is unclear. One explanation is that the term is a contraction of "hot roadster," meaning a roadster that was modified for speed. Another possible origin includes modifications to or replacement of the camshaft , sometimes known as a "stick" or "rod". A camshaft designed to produce more power is sometimes called a "hot stick" or a "hot rod". Roadsters were the cars of choice because they were light. The term became commonplace in the 1930s or 1940s as the name of a car that had been "hopped up" by modifying the engine in various ways to achieve higher performance.
View more random threads:
- Rolls Royce Wraith - Vellano VM19 24"...
- Land Rover Australia
- TATA'S NANO[RATAN TATA DREAM PROJECT FOR...
- How do I know when my car needs to be...
- Car Wallpapers 2009 (Part 5)
- Pinoy Ultimate Jeepney Motorcade
- Ford Mustang Shadrach
- Car Wallpapers 2009 (Part 2)
- Dacia Duster Crossover Concept (Wallpapers)
- Land Rover Club of Hong Kong