Thread: Kids Explain Love

Kids Explain Love

How can you tell if two adults eating dinner at a restaurant are in love?

* “Just see if the man picks up the check. That’s how you can tell if he’s in love.” — Bobby, age 9

* “Lovers will just be staring at each other and their food will get cold… Other people care more about the food.” — Bart, age 9

* “Romantic adults usually are all dressed up, so if they are just wearing jeans it might mean they used to go out or they just broke up.” –Sarah, age 9

* “See if the man has lipstick on his face.” — Sandra, age 7

* “It’s love if they order one of those desserts that are on fire. They like to order those because it’s just like how their hearts are — on fire.” — Christine, age 9

What are some titles of the love ballads you can sing to your beloved?

* “‘How Do I Love Thee When You’re Always Picking Your Nose?’” — Arnold, age 10

* “‘You Are My Darling Even Though You Also Know My Sister.’” — Larry, age 8

* “‘I Love Hamburgers, I Like You!’” — Eddie, age 6

* “‘I Am in Love with You Most of the Time, but Don’t Bother Me When I’m with My Friends.’” — Bob, age 9

* “‘Hey, Baby, I Don’t like Girls but I’m Willing to Forget You Are One!’” — Will, age 7

* “‘Honey, I Got Your Curly Hair and Your Nintendo on My Mind.’” — Sharon, age 9

What most people are thinking when they say “I love you”?

* “The person is thinking: Yeah, I really do love him. But I hope he showers at least once a day.” — Michelle, age 9

* “Some lovers might be real nervous, so they are glad that they finally got it out and said it and now they can go eat.” — Dick, age 7

How did love start?

* “Cupid kissed God and that got the ball rollin’.” — Julio, age 9

* “One of the Greek lady gods got a crush on one of the Greek man gods. He tried to hit her with lightning and thunderbolts, but he just couldn’t get her away from him … After a while, they became the first married gods.” — Robbie, age 8

Why does love happen between two particular people?

* “One of the people has freckles and so he finds somebody else who has freckles too.” — Andrew, age 6

* “No one is sure why it happens, but I heard it has something to do with how you smell … That’s why perfume and deodorant are so popular.” — Mae, age 9

* “I think you’re supposed to get shot with an arrow or something, but the rest of it isn’t supposed to be so painful.” — Manuel, age 8

What is falling in love like?

* “Like an avalanche where you have to run for your life.” — John, age 9

* “If falling in love is anything like learning how to spell, I don’t want to do it. It takes too long.” — Glenn, age 7

What is the role of beauty and handsomeness in love?

* “If you want to be loved by somebody who isn’t already in your family, it doesn’t hurt to be beautiful.” — Anita C., age 8

* “It isn’t always just how you look. Look at me. I’m handsome like anything and I haven’t got anybody to marry me yet.” — Brian, age 7

* “Beauty is skin deep. But how rich you are can last a long time.” — Christine, age 9

How important is love?

* “Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good too.” — Greg, age 8

How do people in love typically behave?

* “Mooshy … like puppy dogs … except puppy dogs don’t wag their tails nearly as much.” — Arnold, age 10

* “When a person gets kissed for the first time, they fall down and they don’t get up for at least an hour.” — Wendy, age 8

* “All of a sudden, the people get movies fever so they can sit together in the dark.” — Sherm, age 8

Why do lovers often hold hands?

* “They want to make sure their rings don’t fall off because they paid good money for them.” — Gavin, age 8

* “They are just practicing for when they might have to walk down the aisle someday and do the holy matchimony thing.” — John, age 9

Confidential opinions about love

* “I’m in favor of love as long as it doesn’t happen when ‘Dinosaurs’ is on television.” — Jill, age 6

* “Love is foolish … but I still might try it sometime.” — Floyd, age 9

* “Yesterday I kissed a girl in a private place … We were behind a tree.” — Carey, age 7

* “Love will find you, even if you are trying to hide from it. I been trying to hide from it since I was five, but the girls keep finding me.” — Dave, age 8

* “I’m not rushing into being in love. I’m finding fourth grade hard enough.” — Regina, age 10

What personal qualities you need to have in order to be a good lover?

* “Sensitivity don’t hurt.” — Robbie, age 8

* “One of you should know how to write a check. Because, even if you have tons of love, there is still going to be a lot of bills.” — Ava, age 8

What are some surefire ways to make a person fall in love with you?

* “Tell them that you own a whole bunch of candy stores.” — Del, age 6

* “Shake your hips and hope for the best.” — Camille, age 9

* “Yell out that you love them at the top of your lungs … and don’t worry if their parents are right there.” — Manuel, age 8

* “Don’t do things like have smelly, green sneakers. You might get attention, but attention ain’t the same thing as love.” — Alonzo, age 9

* “One way is to take the girl out to eat. Make sure it’s something she likes to eat. French fries usually works for me.” — Bart, age 9

u made me smile and laugh he he

Nowadays Kids are more more more intelligent than adults...
    Younger brother/sisters are real threat to elder ones...

Thread Information