The Baobab trees (also known as an upside down bottles or monkey bread trees) are believed to be the largest succulents in the world as well as some of the tallest trees. There are several different species that vary somewhat in appearance, but all are deciduous, flowering trees that can live for hundreds and even thousands of years. They are slow-growing trees that are indigenous to Madagascar, Africa and Australia. They can grow up to 70 feet tall and feature an over-sized, extremely wide caudex that the plant utilizes for water storage during the dry season. The bark is brown and gray and typically smooth, though it can crack and bend as the tree ages. Leaves are elongated and appear in clusters of up to seven leaflets. During the winter the plant sheds its leaves only to grow them again in the springtime and summer.
View more random threads:
- Dutch-Made Bicycle / Scooter Runs on...
- Just for laughs gags Medical Transportation
- Sergipe State
- AFV American Funniest Videos
- AXE commercial, jealous girlfriend
- Single Chip Device to Provide Real-Time 3-D...
- Dan Pink: The puzzle of motivation
- Who Said Girls Can't Play Football?