Trees downed in gale force winds and torrential rains during one of the strongest typhoons to hit Hong Kong in the past decade. Typhoon Vicente grounded flights, shut down port operations in the city and disrupted business across the financial hub. Hong Kong's stock market was temporarily closed due to the storm. The winds churned up huge waves in Victoria Harbour and sent debris flying, injuring some 30 people, as Vicente slammed into the city. Earlier on Monday afternoon, the brewing cyclone had sent office workers home amid torrential rain, with many rushing to board buses, trains and ferries before a partial transport network shutdown. The storm swept much closer to Hong Kong than authorities initially believed. Sarah Sheffer, Reuters
View more random threads:
- Google Self-Driving Car on City Streets
- Shoe Thrown at Bush Funny Parody Spoof
- Turtle Takes on a Shark
- Decision Making Skills: 5 Decision Making...
- Shahrukh Khan: Linc Pen Video Ad
- Chinese guy singing Tujh Mein Rab Dikhta Hai
- Can we put DVDs on our iTunes so it can sync...
- US: Corporation vs People
- Royal wedding at Westminster
- Believe in Yourself - Motivational Video