Murat Kurnaz (born March 19, 1982 in Bremen, Germany) was wrongly held in extrajudicial detention at the U.S. military base in Kandahar, Afghanistan and in the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay Naval Base, Cuba for four years. Kurnaz, a Turkish citizen and legal resident of Germany, was in the process of becoming a German citizen when he was arrested in Pakistan in late 2001. He was only 19 years old at that time.
The United States and Germany discovered in 2002 that the accusations against Kurnaz were groundless but he was imprisoned for five years, and was released and arrived in Germany August 24, 2006.
Kurnaz says that he was tortured and in a congressional hearing he described electric shock, simulated drowning, and days spent chained by his arms to the ceiling of an airplane hangar.
View more random threads:
- altaf hussain bhai is so sensative
- Reham Khan Tax Returns (NTN)
- Leading Scientist Dr Atta ur Rehman Exposing...
- Reality of Pakistani Politicians
- Provincial Convention Punjab (June 30, 2013)
- PTI and Naya Pakistan with his own passion
- urdu - aakhiri tan'khuwah lenay kay baad
- urdu - agar aap Chief Minister hotay to kon...
- Utth jawana kar dey saweera
- urdu - noon league ka aaj kal asool: dushman...