Great scenery from ''Planet Earth'' series, episode ''Mountains''.
Music is a Celtic (Irish) music mix.
The Andes, world's longest continental mountain range. It's a continual range of highlands along the western coast of South America (that is Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Columbia, Ecuador, Peru, Venezuela).
- Erta Ale, the longest continually erupting volcano in Ethiopia.
- The Alps, one of the great mountain range systems of Europe, stretching from Austria and Slovenia in the east; through Italy, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Germany; to France in the west.
- The Rocky Mountains, a major mountain range in western North America, that stretch more than 3,000 miles (4,830 km) from the northernmost part of British Columbia, in western Canada, to New Mexico, in the southwestern United States.
- Himalayas, a mountain range in Asia, separating the Indian subcontinent from the Tibetan Plateau. Together, the Himalayan mountain system is the planet's highest, and home to the world's highest peaks, the Eight-thousanders, which include Mount Everest and K2 (as seen in the footage).
- Baltoro (in Pakistan), the Earth's biggest mountain glacier, which is 70 kilometres long and visible from space.
View more random threads: