The Known Universe takes viewers from the Himalayas through our atmosphere and the inky black of space to the afterglow of the Big Bang. Every star, planet, and quasar seen in the film is possible because of the world's most complete four-dimensional map of the universe, the Digital Universe Atlas that is maintained and updated by astrophysicists at the American Museum of Natural History. The new film, created by the Museum, is part of an exhibition, Visions of the Cosmos: From the Milky Ocean to an Evolving Universe, at the Rubin Museum of Art in Manhattan through May 2010.
View more random threads:
- 4 Steps to Great Speaking
- Tolerant & Sanskari Shiv Sena at work
- Constant Hot Water (TV Series 1986)
- LAS VEGAS Best HD City Tour - Which...
- Stand up! Speak up! Stop Bullying!
- UNBELIEVABLE! Kids Stunting on Pocket Bike!
- Occupy Wall Street: Too Big to Ignore
- Dam Removal
- Devastating tsunami hits Japan
- Little North Korean Girl's incredible Solo...