The Embera People live in the Darien of Panama and the department of Choco in Colombia. In Panama they inhabit the same areas as the Indigenous group Waounan with whom they share many cultural similarities. The Darien of Panama is also home to a few Kuna communities and more and more latino homesteaders in search of land for cultivation or cattle. The latinos, missionaries, the Pan-American highway which cut the Darien in half, and the growing cosmopolitan city of Panama have all influenced their lifestyles and many cultural traditions have disappeared. Today, Indigenous people work in an effort to revive their culture and traditions, to preserve their language and values and to find economic development ideas to supplement meager income from farming.
View more random threads:
- Paris , france - a walking travel tour
- Bluetooth Ring 2014
- Vodafone Zoozoo Commercial for Call Filter
- Best Motivational Video
- World Record Highest Dive
- Agility, speed, balance
- Awesome voice and song of Baby Doll
- EVERYONE Needs To See - The most...
- Amazing jam session - Three random guys sing...
- This is too cute