Thread: The Bachelor's Refrigerator

Member Array

The Bachelor's Refrigerator

THE BACHELOR'S REFRIGERATOR

Aah I am a refrigerator in the bachelors' house.

I share the itsy-bitsy kitchen with the stove, the microwave oven and the sink. The stove-fellow is a silent guy and the microwave is the loudest of'em all. The sink -poor fellow can't take hot water and yells out loud whenever one of these guys runs hot water to wash dishes.

I dont know why these fellows like to store old stuff inside me - that bottle of jelly has been empty for the last three weeks and nobody bothers to pull it out! And it shares my door-space with those half-cut, half-naked ginger-roots and the almost empty ketchup bottle. Rolling side-by-side are the dried-up cheese spread boxes and antique mustard sauce!!!! And then there is chocolate syrup - waiting to be used!!!! The ranch bottle smiles at all of us - and why not! It's used almost daily!!!!! The Italian dressing looks angry as if yelling, "You idiots, there is a bag of salad rotting away and I am nearing my expiration date!!!! Use me!!!!!!!!!!"

And like a tower amidst smaller buildings, there is always Mr.Coke 'Zero' (he insists on the zero!!). Poor fellow, he is not able to retain his fizz past half-empty, the roomies always shut his cap the wrong way! The rest of me looks something like an overgrown tropical forest, with curry leaves, cilantro leaves, and other veggies strewn all over, some of them half-cut or sliced, like that fellow onion - boy he smells strong!!!!!!

The best part of me that I like is the freezer, there's no spillage there, all neat packets of cut veggies waiting to be cooked! The roomies have this horrible habit of banging my door, it's such an irritating and painful thing, they don;t realize it! One fine day, I shall stop working - and then they shall realize that I need to be handled with care.

Somehow, these fellows have assumed my head to be a storage space for their bread and cereals - and I don't mind the stuff as well - but when they don't cleanup or remove the older stuff, it becomes real messy!!! They don't know how many slices of bread and how many bags of tea lie behind me!!! I hope someone removes those stupid magnets from my freezer door, I have started to look like the 'classifieds' section of the local newspaper!!

The roomies are weirdos, one likes to keep buying milk so that they don't run out of it when least expected - and you will find at least two full gallon cans of milk at all times in me! The second one is a noisy fellow - the way he bangs my door, the way he handles the microwave oven (poor fellow) and the way he eats - it's nothing but full of noise - he made me choke a couple of times when he used too much oil to cook!!!!

The third and fourth fellows are weird too, they are extremists in maintaining the kitchen - either it is too clean or too dirty whenever it's their turn. And the fourth guy's got something with buttermilk - he uses it faster than the others!!!!!! And I know that he's the culprit for leaving those half-cut ginger roots lying around!

Aah I am the refrigerator in these bachelors' house !!!!

coolestnapster
    hmmmm .....nice post

Member Array
    thanx......

Thread Information