Strongly supporting Shoaib Akhtar who was debarred from taking part in cash-rich Indian Premier League, Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan on Thursday said he would ask the Indian Cricket Board to review the decision.
“If Shoaib is out then I have only one other option, I will bowl myself!” told King Khan to the press outside his Bandra bungalow, Mannat.
Khan's support comes in the wake of BCCI's decision to disallow Shoaib from playing in the IPL tournament in view of Pakistan Cricket Board's decision to ban him for five years.
Khan’s comments could come as a relief to Akhtar, considering it’s the only vote of confidence he has received after the PCB banned him for five years two days ago.
"We planned the team keeping him in mind. He is the team’s pillar of strength. We will take the matter to the officials and hopefully it will work out in our favour," said SRK, who is owner of the Kolkata Knight Riders team, for which Shoaib has been roped in to play.
He said the charges against the fast bowler are not so serious that his presence could create a negative impression in the minds of young crickters.
"It is a ban related to his behaviour and I hope things get sorted out in our favour," Shahrukh said.
View more random threads:
- Audio release of Hari Puttar - A Comedy of...
- Salman Khan & Preity grace the occassion of...
- I'd work on Salman-Priyanka
- Bipasha & Dino watch 'Raaz 3' together
- Aamir Khan will finally accept an award
- On the sets of Goal
- "Preity Zinta is my favourite actress":...
- Aditi Sharma
- Aamir Khan presents the CNN IBN - 'Real...
- Bollywood Ileana Latest sizzling images...