Barely a month before the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) backed ambitious Indian Premier League is scheduled to take of, the tournament has already got entangles in legal mess, at least in Kolkata.
Bollywood megastar Shah Rukh Khan’s Red Chilli Entertainment Pvt Ltd which is also the owner of the Kolkata Indian Premier League team, and the Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB), the local organizer of the Twenty20 tournament, have been dragged to court over a dispute over the ticket allocation for the games to be held at the Eden Gardens here.
Interestingly, the Cricket Members’ Forum of Bengal has filed a suit in the city civil court challenging CAB’s role in ticket distribution. The forum has asked the court to declare that CAB had no right to hold a match at the Eden Gardens without issuing free tickets to its members.
The complainants claimed that the forum members are entitled to free tickets under Rule 15 (ii) of CAB Rules. They also sought a statement that CAB had no right to restrict members’ privilege. The case will come up for hearing on Wednesday.
View more random threads:
- Sanjay Dutt - Biography ........
- Vishaka Singh (Photoshoot)
- Aishwarya Rai (Latest Scans)
- Pyaar Impossible (Wallpapers)
- SRK flags Kya Aap Paanchvi Paas Se Tez Hai
- Sonam Kapoor at Radio City
- Katrina Kaif (Wallpapers)
- Beautiful And Vibatious Vidya Balan (01)
- Preity and Rani play holi with Shahrukh Khan
- saif gets angry over crowd