UTV, which released 'Taare Zameen Par' and 'Race' in India, will release both the movies in Pakistan on March 28.
Siddharth Roy Kapoor, UTV executive vice president marketing, distribution and syndication, told reporters Saturday that while the Pakistani censor board issued a universal certificate (U) for 'Taare Zameen Par' without any cuts, it ordered a few minor cuts in 'Race' before granting it a universal/adult (U/A) certificate.
Both the films, for which UTV has worldwide distribution rights, are being released in 15 cinemas each in five major Pakistani cities.
Geo TV and Egar Films are UTV's distribution partners in Pakistan.
UTV had also released 'Goal' in Pakistan earlier and the movie, according to Kapoor, earned more there than from the UAE market.
Now with 'Taare Zameen Par' and 'Race', UTV is the only Indian company to have three releases in a row in Pakistan.
'I am confident that as in India, both the movies will do fair business in Pakistan as well though the exhibition sector of the film industry there is in the doldrums right now,' said Kapoor.
View more random threads:
- Best pics of Rani mukherji..Must see
- My dream role is to play a prostitute: Bobby...
- Aishwarya Rai at Jazbaa Press Conference...
- Jacqueline Fernandez black skirt at...
- Mandira bedi
- Ayesha Takia (New Pictures)
- Mahima Chaudhary at 'Colours of Life' a...
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Stunning Pose From...
- Rani & Bipasha to star with Shah much
- Priyanka Chopra's Lux Ad