The odd crow’s feet notwithstanding, Dimple Kapadia, who’s nearing 50, is still resplendent.

But interviews don’t seem to be one of her favourite things. She’ll be seen in three films this year. “There’s Phir Kabhi with Mithun Chakraborty which is complete. I’m also doing Milo Toh Sahi by Kabir Sadanand, the casting for which is still on. Then there’s Zoya Akhtar’s directorial venture, in which her brother Farhan Akhtar’s playing the male lead. It’s a funny take on the Bombay film industry,” she says. And she’ll be sharing screen space with her Bobby co-star Rishi Kapoor in the film.

Last seen in the critically acclaimed Being Cyrus , Dimple is taking it easy now. And she prefers it this way. “I’m doing one or two films a year. But I’m quite happy with my pace of work. At this age, one doesn’t really get good offers. Roles are mostly written for the new generation. But I consider myself lucky to have got roles in films like Being Cyrus and Dil Chahta Hai . Doing only a few films leaves me time to do a lot of other things,” she says.

Mention her son-in-law Akshay Kumar’s soaring career graph, and her face lights up. “My chest swells with pride whenever his name is mentioned. I feel very happy for him and am extremely proud of him. But it’s not just because he’s my son-in-law. I have always believed in him and God has been kind to him. He’s very hard-working and disciplined,” she says.

But she too must be working hard to remain as stunning as her Bobby days? “People say I’m stunning, and it becomes true. But I don’t do anything.”