An unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), also known as a unmanned aircraft system (UAS), remotely piloted aircraft (RPA) or unmanned aircraft, is a machine which functions either by the remote control of a navigator or pilot (called a Combat Systems Officer on UCAVs) or autonomously, that is, as a self-directing entity. Their largest use is within military applications. To distinguish UAVs from missiles, a UAV is defined as a "powered, aerial vehicle that does not carry a human operator, uses aerodynamic forces to provide vehicle lift, can fly autonomously or be piloted remotely, can be expendable or recoverable, and can carry a lethal or nonlethal payload". Therefore, cruise missiles are not considered UAVs, because, like many other guided missiles, the vehicle itself is a weapon that is not reused, even though it is also unmanned and in some cases remotely guided.
latest update about US drone is downed by Iran airs .
Iran has released video footage of the most advanced US reconnaissance drone which was downed by the Iranian Army in the eastern part of the Islamic Republic earlier this week.
View more random threads:
- Their Children are just as precious as Ours
- A Runaway Transfer of Wealth to the...
- Shahrukh Khan detained at New York airport
- The master mind of 9/11
- Muhammad Haroon , table tennis player from...
- The Al Ain Paradise Garden (UAE)
- Our ‘Stealth Politics’ of Inequality......
- Condemn Israel attack
- German has no info on Hezbollah involvement...