Finally, actor Sanjay Dutt will get to play a maamu on the big screen.

He made many people maamu in his twin comedies of the Munnabhai series. But now, Sanju is set to himself become a maamu in a comedy film to be produced by his longtime assistant Mohammad. And guess what? The film will also star Arshad Warsi .
Titled Maamu I Love You , the film will have Dutt playing a lovable character of an uncle named Prasad who has three mischievous and notorious nephews.

Mohammad has finalized three other actors for the film. They are Arshad Warsi, Sunil Shetty and Ritesh Deshmukh .

Mohammad says he did not have to persuade Sanju baba to do his film. All he did was to narrate the story briefly and the actor loved it so much that he instantly agreed to do it.

Sanjay Dutt, who has known Mohammad for close to three decades, says he was very happy when Mohammad told him his decision to produce ‘Maamu I Love You’. But when Mohammad offered Dutt a cheque and asked him to play the film’s leading man, the actor had tears in his eyes.

Dutt says this was the first time Mohammad had asked him for something in their long friendship.

‘Maamu I Love You’ will be directed by Ajay Chandok and jointly produced by Praveen Talreja, Shagun Wagh and Mohammad under their banner, S Class.