If Shah Rukh Khan can be at the helm of a team in the Indian Premiere League (IPL), why can't Aamir Khan, who gave us the brilliant Lagaan?
If sources are to be believed, Zee group's Indian Cricket League (ICL) has plans to rope in Aamir to promote their cricket venture.
The ICL is promoted by Subhash Chandra's Essel Group, which also owns Zee TV. Apparently, it has realised that it is important to have a brand name like Aamir associated with the month-long Twenty-20 tournament, which started on March 9.
Kareena Kapoor is also likely to be a part of ICL. The actress had participated in a show last November to launch the ICL.
The BCCI's (Board of Control for Cricket in India) rival venture IPL has already roped in SRK and Preity Zinta ; the former owns the Kolkata franchise while the latter the Mohali team.
"I will not take individual names of actors who will join the ICL, but I can say that talks are on with some of them," said Ashish Kaul, executive vice-president, Essel group.
Asked specifically if Aamir and Kareena are joining the ICL, Kaul replied, "We are in the advance stages of discussion with some actors. I cannot name them. We have to see how good they will be to our league
View more random threads:
- Shahrukh First Ever Appearance TV Series...
- Aishwarya Is Most Valuable Indian Actor
- Alia Bhatt leaked Stills From Her Teenage...
- Actress Sneha
- Amitabh takes on Shahrukh on small screen
- Aamir Khan at the Radio Mirchi studios as a...
- John Abraham with the Fast Track competition...
- Kim Sharma with Arjun Raj at the Ferroni...
- glamOur touch to ipl
- Shriya Saran (Wallpapers)