The old man turned to me and asked
"How many friends have you?"
Why 10 or 20 friends have I,
And named off just a few...
He rose quite slow with effort
And sadly shook his head
"A lucky child you are
To have so many friends," he said
But think of what you're saying
There is so much you do not know
A friend is just not someone
To whom you say "Hello"
A friends a tender shoulder
On which to softly cry
A well to pour your troubles down
And raise your spirits high
A friend is a hand to pull you up
From darkness and despair...
When all your other "so called" friends
Have helped to put you there
A true friend is an ally
Who can't be moved or bought
A voice to keep your name alive
When others have forgot
But most of all a friend is a heart
A strong and sturdy wall
For from the hearts of friends
There comes the greatest love of all!!!
So think of what I've spoken
For every word is true
And answer once again my child
How many friends have you???
And then he stood and faced me
Awaiting my reply
Softly I answered
"If lucky...one have I"
View more random threads:
- Load Shedding
- You have got to change the way ,you look at...
- 25 things which you might not have known
- Difference Between "somebody You Love" &...
- I am going to Pakistan (Haily)
- A help needed from members
- Cruise ship grounded off Antarctica coast
- Siemens Enters Future At 107Gbps Speed
- Save Your Life in an Earthquake
- Types of Bosses