London, Feb 29: In a rare movie, Britain's censor has banned the DVD release of "Murder-Set-Pieces," a low-budget American horror film in which a serial killer rapes and tortures his victims, including young children.
The rejection by the British Board of Film Classification means Los Angeles writer/director Nick Palumbo's second feature cannot be legally supplied anywhere in the UK.
The last time a DVD was banned in the UK was December 2006, when the BBFC gave the thumbs down to Vince Benedetti's "Struggle in Bondage," a pornographic film that consisted of scenes of women tied up and struggling while humiliated and crying.
A BBFC spokesperson said the distributor of the "Murder-Set-Pieces" DVD, Philadelphia-based TLA Releasing, has 42 days to appeal the decision, but noted that the DVD might run afoul of obscenity laws.
BBFC director David Cooke said the board considered trying to cut the film to allow it a release here.
View more random threads:
- Marriage is on cards for Saif-Kareena
- Bollywoods Top 10 Cat Fights
- Kareena Kapoor (17)
- King Khan back to his old romantic ways
- In Pics: Rani an Angel with Saif, Kids &...
- Special screening of 'OMG Oh My God!'
- Will Priyanka join Harman?
- Launch of Komal Mehta's book 'Nick Time'
- Soha Ali slams media reports on her gun...
- Shilpa Shetty Latest Images from London!!!