Ashutosh Gowariker's epic picture ‘Jodhaa Akbar’ is free to be screened in Madhya Pradesh after UTV Motion Pictures, the producers of the film won a case against a court order in the state's high court on Tuesday.
The CEO of UTV Ronnie Screwvala was reported as saying that they had started screening the film from yesterday night, and that it was very unfortunate that he had to go to the court for getting it done.
The existing BJP government in the state had stopped the screening of the Ashutosh Gowarikar flamboyance ‘Jodhaa Akbar’ hardly a week after this film hit the theatres. The reason they had given was that they feared that the screening of this film would cause a law and order situation in the state.
The CEO also made it very clear that the Film Censor Board did not find anything irrelevant or objectionable in the film and had hence cleared it. He also on this juncture asked fellow Rajput folks to come and watch the film.
This film that lasts 3 hours and 20 minutes hit the theatres on February 15 and was released in 1500 theatres. In the US alone it was released in a 115 theatres. But this film received a ban in Rajastan because a part of the community claimed that the facts mentioned in the film were twisted.
The community claimed that, Jodha Bai was not the daughter of Raja Bharmal of Amber as portrayed in the film, but the daughter of Motaraja Udai Singh of Marwar. And she was married to Akbar's son Salim a.k.a. Jehangir. The theatre owners of Rajastan had feared to screen the film suspecting problem to the ordinary film goers from the miscreants.
Ronnie also mentioned that ‘Jodhaa Akbar’ was doing exceptionally well in Australia, the Arab Emirates and UK.
View more random threads:
- Vidya Balan at Viveek Sharma's art exhibition
- Bollywood movie Chennai Express Photos 2013
- Minissha gets cozy with Sreesanth
- Shahrukh khan's Kolkata Knight Riders Poster
- Dhoni's wife Sakshi Rawat...Before Marriage...
- Malaika Arora at SmarTEST! 2012 Final Contest
- Shriya Saran looks gorgeous in red top Jeans
- SRK at the Premiere Telecast of Paanchvi Paas
- Cheryl Dutta unveils her collection of...
- Pooja to direct Sanjay Gupta’s next