Amisha Patel (born June 9, 1977, also known as Ameesha Patel) is a Bollywood actress and model from Maharashtra, India.
Amisha Patel is the daughter of Amit Patel and Asha Patel, sister of Ashmit Patel and the granddaughter of the famous Indian lawyer Rajni Patel.
She graduated from Tufts University, Massachusetts. Then she worked for a finance companyname morgan stanley. She went back to India where she joined Satyadev Dubey's theatre group and began acting in plays; she did so only after getting permission from her conservative parents.
She entered films through family connections. Producer Rakesh Roshan was planning a film to introduce his son, Hrithik, to Bollywood; he was looking for another Bollywood newcomer to play the heroine. The Patel and Roshan families are friends, and Amisha won the heroine's role in Kaho Naa... Pyaar Hai (2000) during a joint family dinner.
This film made her a star overnight. She appeared next in the surprise success, Gadar: Ek Prem Katha. These two successes were followed by a series of films that flopped at the box-office.
In Gadar, she played the role of a Muslim girl in 1947 India. In Yeh Zindagi Ka Safar, she played the role of a successful singer who was abandoned by her mother at the time of her birth. In Kya Yehi Pyaar Hai, she plays a career-oriented girl who rejects the advances of the hero. In Humraaz she played the selfish girlfriend of Akshaye Khanna, who marries Bobby Deol to grab his wealth -- but, seeing Bobby's honesty, her character surrendered to him. She helped Karishma Kapoor's comeback in Mere Jeevan Saathi but Karisma's feud with her husband generated more publicity than the film itself. Ankahee is the story of her boyfriend Vikram Bhatt's earlier life. She played the role of his wife. In Aap Ki Khatir, she played the role of an innocent girl who is loved by her sister Priyanka Chopra's lover Dino Morea. In Honeymoon Travels Pvt Ltd, she played the wife of a bisexual man who helps him in his confusion.
Awards & nominations
* 2000, Kalashree "Sensational Discovery" for Kaho Naa... Pyaar Hai
* 2000, Zee Cine Award Best Female Debut for Kaho Naa... Pyaar Hai
* 2000, Sansui Viewers Choice Award "Best Debut / Face of the Year" for Kaho Naa... Pyaar Hai
* 2001, Filmfare Special Performance Award for Gadar: Ek Prem Katha
* 2001, 32nd Annual Filmgoers "Best Actress" for Gadar: Ek Prem Katha
* 2002, Jury Award for Gadar: Ek Prem Katha 
* 2001, Filmfare Best Actress Award, Gadar: Ek Prem Katha
* 2002, Filmfare Best Actress Award, Humraaz
* 2002, Samsung IIFA "Best Actress", Humraaz
* 2006, Bollywood Movie Award - Best Supporting Actress, Ankahee
View more random threads:
- Fardeen Khan, Neha Dhupia, Isha Koppikar at...
- amisha new pics
- RARE PICS OF SONALI BENDRE.........SHE IS...
- Daboo Ratnani Calendar Behind the scenes
- Now its Mithun versus King Khan
- John Abraham
- Exclusive video of Amritas Ring Ceremony
- Sohail Khan and his son at Moto Extreme...
- Aishwarya Rai at Neeta Lulla's bash
- Race [email protected] City 1016 Movie nights