One lemon along with a teaspoon of honey should be diluted in a glass of warm water and taken once or twice a day.
Garlic soup can be prepared by boiling three or four cloves of chopped garlic in a cup of water and should be taken once a day to reduce the severity of the cold.
Five drops of garlic oil combined with a teaspoon of onion juice, and diluted in a cup of water, should be drunk two to three times a day.
Ginger tea, prepared by adding a few pieces of ginger into boiled water before adding the tea leaves, is an effective remedy for colds. It must be taken twice daily.
Half a teaspoon of fresh turmeric powder mixed in 30 ml of warm milk, and taken once or twice daily, is a useful prescription for colds. In case of a running cold, smoke from the burning turmeric should be inhaled. It will increase the discharge from the nose and provide quick relief.
Tamarind-pepper rasam is also considered an effective home remedy for a cold in South India. Dilute 50 mg tamarind in 250 ml of water. Boil the diluted tamarind water for a few minutes with a teaspoon of hot ghee and half a teaspoon of black pepper powder and drink it three times a day.
View more random threads:
- Chocolate -------Yummy-------Myths &...
- 17 Amazing Tips For Long, Happy And Healthy...
- The benefits of music therapy
- Exercise helps women more than...
- Foods that help to lose weight
- How to Shape Your Eyebrows for Summer Makeup
- HOME REMEDIES FOR DARK CIRCLES UNDER THE EYES
- Homemade Hand Scrub Recipes
- Chinese map out first Asian genome
- Healthy diet tips