20 Ways to Keep Your Writing Inspiration and Creativity High
When stressed or blocked it is wise to make a change so that
we don't stay in that place. Yet, many times we forget some
of the simple things that we can do for ourselves, quickly
and easily to bring our inspiration back and increase our
1. If you usually type your first drafts, hand write them.
Nothing compares to the feeling the ink melting into the
paper and the surge of that creative flow.
2. If you spend too much time at the computer, take a break
every hour. Go for a walk or just sit outside in the sun.
Even five minutes in a winter sun does wonders for a mood
3. Flip through magazines or books. Their colors and ideas
will give you sparks and switch your attitude. Blue and
green can reduce your stress levels by 30% or more.
4. Add strong smells to the room. Light scented candles
around you, visit the fruit isle at the grocery store, or go
to a store that is heavily scented. Find an orange or
strawberries and smell it. Both will change a mood or
create inspiration. Smells awaken your creativity. Smells
trigger memories and are a great method to rekindle stories
from the past.
5. Go see or rent an inspirational movie. Relaxation time
is important. You can even take your notebook and record
inspirational phases. Afterwards free write that those
phrases bring up from your subconscious.
6. Read a book that stirs you or sparks your creativity.
If you prefer, read poetry.
7. Look at bold and bright colors for a few minutes. These
change your mood.
8. Talk with a friend about your topic to flesh out ideas
and creativity. Record the conversation, with their
permission of course, and play it back to hear the little
nuances that you might have missed.
9. Write an e-mail to a friend to tell him or her what you
want to accomplish. If you are stuck, say so and ask for
10. Check in with your vibrational energy and do something
to switch it into high gear. Take a shower. Go for a walk.
Turn on some music and dance naked for a few minutes.
11. Hire a virtual assistant to do some typing so that you
can stay focused on writing. You can fax your writing or
dictate it into the computer and send her a voice file for
12. Go to church for the noon service or whisper a prayer
or two. This reconnects your energy with the universe and
replenishes what might be missing.
13. Complete an appreciation exercise. Pick something
around you, like the telephone, lamp, or pen. Talk to it
and tell it how much you appreciate having the electricity
to turn it on, the opportunity to write with a tool that has
the ink inside, not like a quill, or the softness of the
paper you write on. Be grateful for that you have and not
what you are missing. Or make a list of "count your
14. Write a personal note to friends or family and tell
them how much you love them, appreciate their
thoughtfulness, or kindness.
15. Authentic, flat-out, raw laughter frees the psyche and
opens the creativity process.
16. Find a setting with lots of trees and flowers and feel
nature. If the weather permits, take off your shoes and
socks and feel the grass between your toes. Nature has a
way of freeing our spirit and renewing our soul.
17. If guilt or a passed incident has captured your mind,
write a "Dear Me" letter and ask yourself for forgiveness to
loosen it's grip and expand your freedom.
18. Are you use to writing in a quiet place? Find a
noisy place to write, like McDonald's or the mall. When
your space is noisy you will have to focus harder in order
to write with clarity.
19. Go for a quiet leisurely drive, listen to a favorite
CD. You can sing out of tune and no one will notice
20. Do something nice for someone else that you wouldn't
normally do and be a gracious receiver of a hug.
View more random threads:
- Avoid negative thinking ??
- Pisa`s leaning tower safe for 300yrs`
- How to Smell Good Without Perfume?
- Save the Planet: Eat a Bug
- Dont eva Leave Haily Lolzzz
- That's Life...
- The ABC of friends
- Help the environment by recycling your...
- Remembering Shaheed Bhagat Singh On 23rd...
- INDIAN CRICKET-IPL teams bids