Androids, cyborgs and humans with machine parts have been in sci-fi literature for ages. It looks like the human race is just about to make its baby steps towards that kind of future.
In 2001, Robert Tools became the first person to receive an implantable self-contained artificial heart. The man made device was the first of its kind, requiring no external gadgets to sustain it. The battery operated 2lb. device functioned much like a human heart. The 59 year old Tools got another lease in life, at least for another 151 days.
Fact or Fiction?
View more random threads:
- Child abuse can have long lasting effects
- Relieve Stress While You Work with Easy...
- 'Anger bad for heart, BP'
- Toothpaste that rebuilds enamel ?
- Natural Hair Care......
- 20 Tips for Skin Care
- Bitter melon good for diabetics
- In the womb
- Improve your face value with Cosmetic...
- What to Eat on the South Beach Diet