Ayesha Takia (Hindi: आयेषा टाकिय़ा) (born April 10, 1986 in Mumbai, India) is an Indian actress.
Ayesha Takia was born and raised on April 10, 1986 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. She comes from a mixed family. Her father is Gujarati, and her mother is half British and half Maharashtrian. She has said in interviews that she grew up speaking English at home and had to learn Hindi and Telugu for her film roles.
According to Ayesha, she has been a model since she was four years old. She appeared in the famous I'm a Complan Boy! I'm a Complan Girl! campaign alongside Shahid Kapoor and also in a music video, Falguni Pathak's Meri Chunar Udd Udd Jaye, when she was fifteen. She then appeared in the video, Shake It Daddy, which brought her to the attention of the movie industry, and a few film offers followed.
She signed a contract for Socha Na Tha, then for Taarzan: The Wonder Car. However, delays in making Socha Na Tha meant that Taarzan released first and was therefore her "debut" film
She won the Filmfare Best Debut Award in 2004 for her performance in Taarzan.
She has appeared in a number of films that have done poorly at the box office. However, she has been highly praised for her work in the 2006 Dor, a smaller budget film in which she plays the role of a young widowed Rajasthani woman living in a traditional joint family. She went on to win a Zee Cine Critics Award for Best Actress for her performance in the film Dor. Also in 2006, Ayesha Takia was amongst the top 10 on the listing of India's 50 most desirable women alive, a poll conducted by Zoom, an Indian TV channel.
* 2004, Filmfare Best Debut Award for Taarzan
* 2004, IIFA Star debut
* 2005, Star's Sabsey Favourite Nayi Heroine
* 2006, Star Screen Award Best Actress (Critics) for Dor
* 2007, Stardust Best Supporting Actress Award for Dor
* 2007, Bengal Film Journalists' Association Awards, Best Actress for Dor
* 2007, Zee Cine Critics Award - Best Actress , tied with Gul Panag for Dor
View more random threads:
- Bollywood Celebs WITHOUT Make Up!!!
- Sonakshi Sinha on 'The Front Row' show
- Vidya Balan at Viveek Sharma's art exhibition
- Premiere Of Sirf - Life Looks Greener On The...
- sania mirza - kool collection
- Aamna Sharif (Photoshoot)
- Antra mali
- Sussanne launches Architectural Digest's AD...
- Kirthi looking Gorgeous in a Beautiful White...
- Zee pays tribute to 150 years of 1857...