1. Saturday mail delivery in Canada was eliminated by Canada
Post on February 1, 1969!
2. In Tokyo , a bicycle is faster than a car for most trips of less
than 50 minutes!
3. There are 18 different animal shapes in the Animal Crackers
4. Should there be a crash, Prince Charles and Prince William
never travel on the same airplane as a precaution!
5. Your body is creating and killing 15 million red blood cells per
6. The king of hearts is the only king without a moustache on a
standard playing card!
7. There are no clocks in Las Vegas gambling casinos!
8. There is one slot machine in Las Vegas for every eight
9. The Mona Lisa has no eyebrows. It was the fashion in
Renaissance Florence to shave them off!
10. Every day 20 banks are robbed. The average take is $2,500!
11. The most popular first name in the world is Muhammad!
12. Tablecloths were originally meant to be served as towels with
which dinner guests could wipe their hands and faces after eating!
13. Tourists visiting Iceland should know that tipping at a
restaurant is considered an insult!
14. One car out of every 230 made was stolen last year!
15. The names of Popeye's four nephews are Pipeye, Peepeye,
Pupeye, and Poopeye!
16. Until the nineteenth century, solid blocks of tea were used as
money in Siberia !
17. The Nobel Peace Prize medal depicts three naked men with their
hands on each other's shoulders!
18. When glass breaks, the cracks move faster than 3,000 miles per
hour. To photograph the event, a camera must shoot at a millionth of a second!
19. A Boeing 747 airliner holds 57,285 gallons of fuel!
20. A car uses 1.6 ounces of gas idling for one minute. Half an ounce
is used to start the average automobile!
21. The Philadelphia mint produces 26 million pennies per day!
22. A lightning bolt generates temperatures five times hotter than
those found at the sun's surface!
23. A violin contains about 70 separate pieces of wood!
24. It is estimated that 4 million "junk" telephone calls, phone
solicitations by persons or programmed machine are made every day in the United States !
25. It takes glass one million years to decompose, which means it
never wears out and can be recycled an infinite amount of times!
26. Forest fires move faster uphill than downhill!
27. Almost half the newspapers in the world are published in the
United States and Canada !
28. The two-foot long bird called a Kea that lives in New Zealand
likes to eat the strips of rubber around car windows!
29. Most lipstick contains fish scales!
30. Skepticisms is the longest word that alternates hands when
31. One ragweed plant can release as many as one billion grains of
32. It's illegal to drink beer out of a bucket while you're sitting on a
curb in St. Louis !
33. The first product to have a bar code was Wrigleys gum!
34. No piece of square dry paper can be folded more than 7 times in
35. A group of geese on the ground is a gaggle, a group of geese in
the air is a skein!
36. Over 2500 left handed people a year are killed from using
products made for right handed people!
37. There are more than 10 million bricks in the Empire State
38. If you counted 24 hours a day, it would take 31,688 years to
reach one trillion!
39. Taphephobia is the fear of being buried alive!
40. A crocodile always grows new teeth to replace the old teeth!
41. The sun is 330,330 times larger than the earth!
42. Clinophobia is the fear of beds!
43. A 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second!
44. Porcupines float in water!
45. Pinocchio is Italian for "pine eye"!
46. The sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog." uses
every letter of the alphabet!
47. The average life span of a major league baseball is 5-7 pitches!
48. The Mint once considered producing doughnut-shaped coins!
49. The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a
letter is "uncopyrightable" !
50. The longest recorded flight of a chicken is 13 seconds! During
your lifetime, you'll eat about 60,000 pounds of food, that's the weight of about 6 elephants!
51. Some ribbon worms will eat themselves if they cant find any
52. Dolphins sleep with one eye open!
53. The worlds oldest piece of chewing gum is over 9000 years old!
54. In space, astronauts cannot cry properly, because there is no
gravity, so the tears can't flow down their faces!
55. There are more plastic flamingos in the U.S, than real ones!
56. About 3000 years ago, most Egyptians died by the time they
57. More people use blue toothbrushes, than red ones!
58. A sneeze travels out your mouth at over 100 m.p.h.!
59. Your ribs move about 5 million times a year, every time you
a. In the White House, there are 13,092 knives, forks and spoons!
60. Slugs have 4 noses!
61. Recycling one glass jar, saves enough energy to watch T.V for 3
62. Lightning strikes about 6,000 times per minute on this planet!
63. Owls are one of the only birds who can see the color blue!
64. The average American/Canadian drinks about 600 sodas a year!
65. It was once against the law to slam your car door in a city in
66. There wasn't a single pony in the Pony Express, just horses!
67. Honeybees have a type of hair on their eyes!
68. There are over 58 million dogs in the U.S!
69. Dogs and cats consume over $11 billion worth of pet food a
70. Fingernails grow nearly 4 times faster than toenails!
71. Humans blink over 10,000,000 times a year!
72. In the year 2000, Pope John Paul II was named an "Honorary
Harlem Globetrotter. "!
73. Every second, Americans collectively eat one hundred pounds of
74. A fetus develops fingerprints at eighteen weeks!
75. The fear of vegetables is called Lachanophobia!
76. There are approximately fifty Bibles sold each minute across the
77. Every year, kids in North America spend close to half a billion
dollars on chewing gum!An earthquake on Dec. 16, 1811 caused parts of the Mississippi River to flow backwards!
78. A person uses approximately fifty-seven sheets of toilet paper
79. Honolulu is the only place in the United States that has a royal
80. One gallon of used motor oil can ruin approximately one million
gallons of fresh water!
81. More money is spent on gardening than on any other hobby!
82. In 32 years. there are about 1 billion seconds!
83. Rice paper does not have any rice in it!
84. Baby robins eat 14 feet of earthworms every day!
85. In England , in the 1880's, "Pants" was considered a dirty word!
86. Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin!
87. The blesbok, a South African antelope, is almost the same color
88. The average person laughs 13 times a day!
89. Dogs can hear sounds that you cant!
90. Men are 6 times more likely to be struck by lightning than
91. It is estimated that millions of trees in the world are accidentally
planted by squirrels who bury nuts and then forget where they hid them!
92. Ernest Vincent Wright wrote a novel, "Gadsby", which contains
over 50,000 words -- none of them with the letter E!
93. Of all the words in the English language, the word set has the
94. A toothpick is the object most often choked on by Americans!
95. Every 45 seconds, a house catches on fire in the United States !
96. The sun is 330,330 times larger than the earth!
97. The most used letter in the English alphabet is 'E', and 'Q' is the
98. There are more than 50,000 earthquakes throughout the world
99. The original name for the butterfly was 'flutterby'!
100. Dogs and cats, like humans, are either right or left
handed... or is that paws?!
101. The opposite sides of a dice cube always add up to seven!
102. Nose prints are used to identify dogs, just like humans use
103. Bulls are colorblind, therefore will usually charge at a matador's
waving cape no matter what color it is -- be it red or neon yellow!
104. Apples are more efficient than caffeine in keeping people awake
in the mornings!
105. Smelling bananas and/or green apples (smelling, not eating) can
help you lose weight!
106. A hard working adult sweats up to 4 gallons per day. Most of the
sweat evaporates before a person realizes it's there, though!
107. The average ice berg weighs 20,000,000 tons!
108. The poison-arrow frog has enough poison to kill about 2,200