Thread: Shahrukh Khan's Birthday Celebration ( 02-11-2007 )

Member Array
    Shahrukh Khan's Birthday Celebration ( 02-11-2007 )

Shahrukh Khan's Birthday Celebration ( 02-11-2007 )
    King Khan Said Age Is Just A Number

Star Gold has plans of airing birthday specials titled 'Zabardast Janamdin Specials' for Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan . This will begin with the birthday bash special on Amitabh Bachchan in the month of October, because the megastar's birthday falls on October 11 , which will be followed by the King Khan’s birthday on 2nd November.

A day before and then on his birthday (that is on 1st and 2nd of November) audience will get to see the acclaimed documentaries , 'The Inner World of SRK' and 'The Outer World of SRK' , by Nasreen Munni Kabeer , exclusively on Star Gold during prime time.

Celebrations will begin from November 1st and viewers across India will get to watch 'The Inner World of SRK' just before 'Main Hoon Na' (which will be aired at 9.00pm) , and on 2nd November (which happens to be Shah Rukh's birthday) , 'The Outer World of SRK' will premiere before 'Swades' (which will be aired at 9.00 pm). Being the Diwali festival, it will be a double celebration for Shah Rukh Khan fans .

The documentary shows the superstar actor as deep, pensive, lonely and loving. The early loss of both his parents, the struggle of moving to Mumbai from Delhi, making it as a hero, caring for his unwell sister. From the outside, he looks like the perfect hero but to know SRK from the inside, the viewers need to watch the documentary on Star Gold.

Highly acclaimed all over the world , the premiere of the specials will give viewers a great chance to get up close and personal with the Baadshah of Bollywood and participate in the unique birthday celebrations that Star Gold has planned for Shah Rukh Khan .

When he was young, Shah Rukh Khan thought life gets over in the 40s. But now that he is there, he doesn't feel it's any big deal. "I feel more stronger and enthusiastic today. In fact, when I play with my kids' friends, I don't use age as a criteria to perform less. I still think I can beat kids half my age at half the things I do, physically I mean. Age has become a number for me now. It doesn't matter that a few more grey strands have come. I always had grey hair which I have been dyeing for the last five years. I feel I am the most looked after person in the world," said King Khan who turns 42 today.

Of these 42 years, 18 have been spent maintaining a super successful career in Bollywood. At this stage in his life, does he feel he has seen and done it all? "I don't look at age as a reason for making more intelligent and wiser decisions. I don't think what I did earlier was wrong and what I do now is right. It's the wrongest notion that older people are smarter and wiser, I feel they are just older. In the film industry, someday I read I am ruling more, some days less, someday a younger star has toppled me. I think I am beyond all this now. But yes, it's been 18 years and people say I have been the King of Bollywood, and I like it. I am not pompous but I don't know how it feels not to be successful. For me, there's always been one way and that is success. So I don't know how it's not to be the King of Bollywood. I feel it's my birthright now," admitted SRK.

What was his take on Akshay Kumar, whose box office position was being compared to his own? "Akshay is the most viable star in the country now," admitted Shah Rukh. "He's doing more prolific work, giving more hits, he's not just good looking and focussed, but really hard working too. I am very fond of him. I have known him for years now. Today, the concept of a single star ruling seems to be slowly phasing out. It's like a league of movie stars, all very secure, happy, singing, dancing. It's beautiful. Aamir, Salman, Akshay and I, we are all big stars today. It's like tennis ranking. One Grand Slam, and there you go. But the commercial success of others never makes me feel any lesser or more successful. God isn't there only to give Shah Rukh Khan everything, in fact he shouldn't be giving only me.
    Is he upset that Chak De! India did not make it to the Oscars? "I am happy with the Filmfare award. The Oscar is not something that I will cry about. If I get it, good, if not - it's ok," said SRK. At 42, he has made six pack abs a trend. Of this, the Bollywood Badshah said, "I know people have been saying that I got it through special effects, surgery, and steroids, but I know how much hard work I put into this. When I was working out, I thought, I can't have bigger biceps than Salman, a stronger chest than John or even wider shoulders than Hrithik, so I said why not concentrate on my abs. See, I have a very oriental kind of physique, like Bruce Lee, so I guess it's standing out." actually it's the great friendship, camaraderie and respect that Kajol and SRK share 'off screen' that's made them one of the all-time great pairings of Indian cinema. Be it Karan Johar's Kuch Kuch Hota.
    Farah Khan is obsessed with Shah Rukh Khan and lately with her film Om Shanti Om . She, of course, has reason enough! Today, as Shah Rukh turns another year older, Farah plans to make the day special for him in her own little way. "I'm going to present him the first print of Om Shanti Om . I don't think there is any gift more precious than this."

About what makes her so Shah Rukh crazy, Farah says, "There's not only one thing about Shah Rukh Khan. I like everything about him, except his habit of not answering calls or replying to SMSes. He is a thorough professional. If he says something or makes a promise, he will do it no matter how much it takes to fulfill it. He promised two and a half years ago that he would go topless with six-pack abs someday, and he has done just that at the age of 42, it's commendable. If SRK decides to do something, he does it. He can rule the world."

Only of late, SRK has been applauded for not being himself in films, and actually getting into the skin of the characters he plays. But the die-hard SRK fan opines, "Yes, people say that he repeats himself in every film but I disagree with this. Shah Rukh is a versatile actor. He can be a dramatic hero; his comic time is excellent; he is a good dancer and he is good in action scenes too. I see SRK as a complete hero. My effort is to give him outstanding roles. I wanted SRK to do 'Darde Disco' and see him in a retro look. He'll be seen as a superhero, and in thief and cowboy get ups as well in OSO ."
    About her birthday wishes to him? "I wish him well always - every moment of every day. And though a birthday is thought to be a very special day, Shah Rukh is my birthday boy 24 x 7. He's special and always treated specially simply because he is Shah Rukh."

kool info and pics

Thread Information