When you schedule CHKDSK to run at the next boot, the system will prompt you to press a key to cancel the operation while CHKDSK is running. The system will display a countdown during that cancel period. The default value is 10 seconds. To Change this open up Regedit and locate:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Session Manager\AutoChkTimeOut
You can change the value to anything from zero to 259,200 seconds (3 days). With a timeout of zero, there is no countdown and you cannot cancel the operation
View more random threads:
- Never forget anything
- Green Computing
- Increase speed by tweaking prefetcher...
- SQL Tutorials
- Using advanced file security settings in...
- Create a keyboard shortcut to a folder or...
- Computerized Clothes
- Photoshop CS6 Tutorial - Feild Blur Tutorial
- Tutorials By Champion!
- Having trouble in reading small fonts in IE??