tips to avoid constipation.
1 Eat more fruit and vegetables. These high fiber foods bulk up stool making it easier to pass.
2 Drink lots of fluids (water is best), this helps to make stool softer.
3 Get adequate sleep
4 Eat meals at regular times. Breakfast is the most important.
5. Exercise regularly. Do exercises which can increase the tone of lower abdominal and pelvic muscles.
6. Do not ignore the urge to have a bowel movement because you are too busy.
7. Allow time (15 min. at least) after breakfast to sit on the toilet. Relax and don't strain.
8. Avoid medications that are constipating if at all possible. Calcium, iron and narcotic analgeseics are just a few of these.
9. Do not take harsh laxatives unless directed by a doctor.
10. Add additional bulk to the diet with bran.
11. Cut back on dairy foods such as cheese, and on eggs which can be constipating.
12. Practice relaxation techniques. Stress can cause constipation.
13. Consider adding more fiber to your diet when traveling. Changes in routine can cause constipation.
1. If constipation is a new problem and persists, you should follow-up with your doctor.
2. If constipation is accompanied by abdominal pain or blood in the stool you should see a doctor as soon as
3. If you alter between diarrhea and constipation you should see a doctor and be evaluated.
View more random threads:
- how to apply blush on
- Salman Khan with Katrina Kaif , Watch a...
- Treatment Options Available To Hairloss...
- International SOS Ebola Virus poster and...
- Get Best Care for Your Hair also Your...
- Manicure and Pedicure .........Trends
- Healthy heart targets
- How To Give A Manicure
- How emotions harm you ?
- HOME REMEDIES FOR DANDRUFF